Silica fume (Micro-silica) is a mineral composed of ultra-fine amorphous spheres of silicon dioxide (SiO2), produced during the manufacture of silicon or ferrosilicon.
Silica fume is formed when SiO gas is oxidised to SiO2, condensing into the pure spherical particles of micro-silica, forming the major part of the smoke or fume from the furnace. Rather than being landfilled, the collected smoke is sold as silica fume for various applications. As the spin-offs from silicon metal and ferro-silicon mills, Silica fume is a high-performance mineral additive widely used in construction and refractories.
1. Resistance to Chloride
2. Resistance to Sulfate Attack
3. Alkali Silica Reaction
4. Resistance to Corrosion Currents
5. Resistance to Acids
Applications in Construction
• Making high crack-resistance, self-waterproofing concrete, be used in the subway, tunnel and basement of high-rise structures.
• Making high-grade concrete effectively enhances the strength and pumpability of strong concrete.
• Used in maritime works and chemical industry. Owing to the compactability, it can prevent effectively sulfate and chlorine ion from osmosizing and eroding.
• Effects on high-early strength concrete and strong concrete.
• Used in project items for water conservancy and bridge.
• Used in the construction item under water, such as pier, huge dam and drilling platform.
• Used in road surface concrete of expressway and large-scale bridge.
Applications in Refractory
• Enhancing the fluid of pouring refractory, reducing the volume of used water, be easy to shape, and raising the production efficiency.
• Because of its ultra-micro structure for gap filling, the compact and intensity of refractory gain rising by a wade margin.
• Silica fume is a highly effective pozzolanic material. Under the premise that Al2O3 exists, it enhances elevated temperature strength and thermal shock of refractory.
Silica fume also can improve the material overall performance as filler, used in paint, coating, resin, rubber and other high molecular material.
Loose bulk density: 250-700kg/m3
Packing: 25kg bags or bulk bags.
If you are unable to locate a Chemical or Mineral you need, our sales department can custom source any needed materials for you directly